Calling All Winemaking Interns
Join our team for the 2023 Harvest!
A harvest internship is an excellent opportunity to work closely with the winemaking team and play a crucial role in crafting our wines.
Soon, we will be looking for hardworking, passionate, detail-oriented, and fun individuals to join us for the 2023 season.
During harvest, interns do a wide range of cellar/winemaking operations including:
- Fermentation management: punch downs and foot treading
- Crush pad operations: grape receival and processing
- Draining tanks by gravity, pressing, and barrel filling
- Yeast and bacteria culture propagation and inoculations
- Grape maturity sampling and processing
- Topping, cleaning, etc.
- At least one harvest experience and previous forklift experience is preferred
- General knowledge of winemaking and viticulture
- Ability to climb, bend, stand for prolonged lengths of time, and lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age by start of internship
- Ability to lawfully work in the USA
The internship begins in early August and continues through October. Hourly pay rate is determined based on experience. Lunches are provided for the harvest crew and interns are given an opportunity to purchase Williams Selyem wines at a discount.
Please send a resume and letter of interest.